Saturday, September 7, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday and #SexySnippets: A new project

Hello, hello my fellow readers! Remember those ideas I was toying with last week? That regency and that contemporary novel? I've started on them both *g* Though they're just newborns I'd like to share with you a few lines from the contemporary WIP.

This story features Dolph, a red headed (click on the link to see my inspiration) shifter (and just as a  note, he isn't a wolf). Dolph is having trouble with his ability, so his crush, Bill, swoops in to have a word with him.

Please bear in mind this is NOT edited and I'm being creative with the punctuation to get in those 8 sentences.





#SexySnippets and #8Sunday Sentences  

“Shifting is more than the act of willing your body to change shape. Shifting is something that comes from within. You can wish it all you want, you can even make it happen, but if you aren’t’ comfortable with who you are inside, it won’t last.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know Lisette?”

Dolp nodded.


“She shifts constantly because she lacks control over it. She’s not comfortable with herself, so she retreats into her animal form; If she doesn’t figure herself out soon, she’ll shift permanently.”
 
More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

17 comments:

  1. Ooh check you out missy and not a doodle in sight just some fab writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yep, no doodling today just writing :_) Thanks for stopping by Shehanne! <3

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Sounds good so far...keep on, keep on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting insight into shifters! Excellent excerpt and I definitely want to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the background on shifters. nice use of dialogue to convey this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting new insight into shifters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting take on shifters. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used only 8 sentences to provide a new slant on shifters (...plus, the pic was awesome!). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dialogue is smooth--feels quite natural. And nice turn on shifters. :-)Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.