Tuesday, October 29, 2013

TnT Confidential: Michael Mandrake/Sharita Lira and N’awlins Exotica Paranormal



 Hello lovelies and happy Thursday! Today I have author Sharita Lira/Michael Mandrake/BL Morticia popping in to share her latest release and some words on a taboo item: Twincest.

The Appeal of Twin Love
Sharita Lira

Greetings readers, so glad you stopped by to listen to me today. My topic is the appeal of twin love or twincest which derives from the word incest. Yeah I know, you think it’s yucky. Sex between family members is totally taboo. I used to think this and actually some of the “cest” still doesn’t do it for me but it’s something about twins, especially twin men that makes it hot as hell.

Why? Two men who look exactly alike in most cases and they’re making love to one another. It’s like having sex with yourself with a mirror nearby. *giggles* Yes that’s how I view it. Not that long ago, I didn’t see myself actually writing it but then, a reader came to me and requested a story. You might know her, Judie S, who is also known as Honey Bunny. At times she does promo for several authors and when I started writing as Michael Mandrake almost 3 years ago, she put a request in the comments on my blog to write a twincest story. I was really flattered that someone was reading my freebie and asking me to write a story, then I said, twincest? OMG, how can I do that? I worried about how I’d do it and what kind of story. Most of all, I was challenging my own moralities sort of speak because I’d always been taught any kind of incest is wrong. But if we totally went by the “book” then every erotica book would be banished right? Seems that way with how retailers are going after erotica authors but that’s another topic for another day.

Going back to my point, it took me awhile to get around to it. Not only because of my own fears but also the books I was working on. Michael was pretty prolific when I first started writing under him. Now, he fades back in the shadows and waits his turn but when me and the muse discussed doing an erotica story, he jumped at the chance. Although he is usually the least “sexual” muse, he loved the idea of tapping into a taboo fantasy of twin brothers in love. And when we finally talked to Judie, Ryland and Ryder Durand were born. Twin vamps who are identical but with different personalities. Ryland is the more conservative, stuffy, and timid character while Ryder is ragged, bold, and fearless. In the story, you can clearly tell by their speech and their dress how different they are. I’m sure this happens in real life too and being immortal is what makes them special.

So what is the appeal? Love between brothers, hot scorching love and sex. The vampire thing makes it easy too and even though they aren’t human, they wrestle with the fact it isn’t accepted but hey, it happens in books and in real life. I wanted to bring that reality to my tale and I hope I succeeded. Ryland and Ryder are on their third book with two more to go before I put them in Michael’s other projects and thanks to Judie as well as awesome authors like Lee Brazil and Sage Whistler, I was able to do this series with confidence.

So, if you’re into erotica, any kind, don’t dismiss some subgenres quickly just because it seems yucky. I’ve read some other “cests” since then and I enjoyed a few. I learned to expand my mind as a reader and author, and because of that, I created a story I’m very proud of.

What about you? What are some of the taboos in fiction you’ll never touch? Is twincest one of them and if so, tell me why. Thanks for listening.


Mon Frere, My True Love N’awlins Exotica Paranormal #1  

Blurb: Twin vamps Ryland and Ryder Durand are only different in personality while the rest is exactly the same. Ryland, the author is calm and conservative while Ryder the club owner is wild and lewd. However, the brothers share the same dark desire and haven’t informed one another. Will that bring them closer together or sever their relationship for all eternity?









Mon Amour, Forever More N’awlins Exotica Paranormal #2  

Blurb: Identical twins, Ryland and Ryder Durand have consummated their relationship but jealousy and concern about their personality clashes have brought problems to their seemingly perfect union. Will the brothers stay together despite the challenges?







Author Sharita Lira: In one word, crazy. Just crazy enough to have 3 different muses running around in her head, driving her to sheer exhaustion with new plot bunnies and complex characters.

This happily married mother of two beautiful children loves music, computers, reading, and still enjoys reading and writing fanfiction. She’s a proud member of the Erotica Readers & Writers Association, as well as an advocate for rights of LGBT citizens.  She’s also a contributor to the heavy metal ezine Fourteeng.net.

For more information, please visit http://www.thelitriad.com as well as her Facebook fanpage, The Literary Triad.


The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!

Michael Mandrake – http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com













2 comments:

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.