Tuesday, August 12, 2014

#TNTConfidential Author Interview with Jess Michaels ( @jessmichaelsbks ) and A Matter of Sin #historical #romance


Squeel! Are you ready for today's guest? Ready for some fabulous historical romance? Yes? Then read on to discover more about my interview with awesome author Jess Michaels and her latest release A Matter of Sin.

The widowed Lady Isabel Avenbury has one remaining younger sister to shepherd into an advantageous marriage, and then she will be free. Free to take a lover to fill her lonely nights—the only option left for a woman on the delicate edge of a certain age.

Except when she chaperones her sister to a country house party, she is taken aback by her sudden, undeniable attraction to the host. And deliciously scandalized when she finds a copy of the notorious, much-gossiped-about Ladies Book of Pleasures in his library.

When Seth Rowland, Marquis Lyndham, notices his book is missing, his interest is piqued as to which of the potential young brides at his party has absconded with it—and he’s shocked to discover it’s Isabel. Though older than the women he’d planned to court, the powerful beauty exudes a sensuality he cannot ignore.

The book inspires them to begin a desperate, passionate affair. But their time together is running out and they must choose. Follow society’s rules, or take a chance at love.


Available at Amazon || Barnes & Noble

Welcome to in A Dream Beyond, Jess! What is your dream?

I am living my dream, which was first to become a published author and then to be able to support my family with my income. My next dream is to find success as an indie author, which I’m now beginning to work for.

As this is your first visit, I must ask: When did you start writing. Why?

I always wrote, though I didn’t write my first romance until my Sophomore year of college (1995). I gave up on the dream shortly after, but started again and began writing full-time in 1999. I had a silly idea that writing romance would be “easy” but it is not easy. The books are so well-written and awesome, you have to bring your “A” game. Every time, all the time.

You write erotic historical romance. Why this particular genre?

I just love historical romance and I love sexy parts. Put them together and it’s awesome! That’s where I get my  ideas and where my passion lies.

As a full time writer, tell us, what is a day in the life of Jess Michaels like?

I get up in the morning, have some breakfast, do some email and then I write. I have a daily page goal that I meet, hopefully by lunch. Then I do lunch with my husband, maybe catch up on some tv, do a little clean up around the house. The afternoons are often dedicated to promotion. After dinner, it’s more promo, editing and writing. I work about 80 hours a week now, but it’s for me, it’s for my readers and I love it.

What sort of research do you usually have to do for your novels? How about your latest release, A Matter of Sin? Did you have to research anything in particular for this novel?

I’ve written many, many books (nearly 50) and a good portion of them are set in the Regency period. So I have a good “base” for that period. What I tend to have to research now are spot items. Regency wedding dresses. Funeral details. Whether or not a particular word is appropriate, that sort of thing.

What was the hardest part about writing A Matter of Sin? Easiest?

I’m not sure I really think in terms of hardest/easiest. I get lost in writing and don’t really buy into the concept of “writer’s block”. I wrote the book on a cruise retreat and the hardest part was writing all the time and not playing as much as maybe I should have.

Tell us something about this novel that doesn’t appear in the blurb or excerpt.

I love the friendship between the heroine and her two best friends. It was one of my favorite parts of writing the book, in fact. Strong female friendship is important to all my books.

A Matter of Sin is book one in The Ladies Book of Pleasure series. What can you tell us about this series?

There is a wicked book circulating in Society. A naughty tome written by a mysterious lady that details not only sex, but partnership within relationships. Obviously, it causes some big waves, both positive and negative! And it will change the lives of three friends forever.

Wicked August

Tea or coffee – neither, Coke Zero Vanilla is my poison

Chocolate or vanilla – chocolate but I like vanilla too

Cats or dogs – cats (we have 2, my babies)

Summer is ending…Where should we have a quick weekend getaway? My husband and I are heading to Vegas for a late birthday trip (I will be out of town at a conference on my birthday) and I’m excited about that!

Something to read this month? – I’m so busy right now promoting and writing a new book, I’ll be lucky if I read anything. I just finished The Creativity and Camaraderie Club Handbook, which is about forming groups to celebrate and support creativity. I love the idea so we’ll see I add something else to my plate. LOL

Something wild to do this month? -- Just be happy. My husband and I live way outside the box and every day I just try to do whatever I can to be happy. I think people forget how important that is.

A musical recommendation for this month-  I always love The Killers and have been on heavy rotation for their entire catalogue lately.
 About Jess:

Jess Michaels began writing full-time in 1999 after being encouraged by her husband to follow her dream. In 2003, she sold her first novella to, since then she has published (or has contracted to publish) nearly 50 novels, novellas and short stories under three different pen names with several major publishers, small presses and via self-publishing. Her erotic historical romances have been national bestsellers and won awards from booksellers and readers. She and her husband live in Tucson, AZ.
There she enjoys hiking in the beautiful desert, spending time with her nephews, reading and spending time with her awesome husband and cats.

Website: http://www.authorjessmichaels.com
Newsletter: http://www.authorjessmichaels.com/join-the-jess-michaels-newsletter/
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/JessMichaelsBks
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jessmichaelsbks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.