Sunday, February 8, 2015

#8Sunday #SexySnippets #WeekendWritingWarriors: Luna

Happy Sunday, lovelies!
 
Today I’m continuing with the story I started to weeks ago (you can read those snippets here and here and here). I'm happy to say that it's slowly moving on and I'm almost at 10k. Yay! 
 
To recap, our protagonist, Clare, followed a strange noise and just met a horned man in a forest... Creative editing has taken place to keep to the guidelines.
 
What jumps out at you? 
 
Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and encouragement.
 
XOXO,
Elyzabeth 
 
PS: This Thursday is my birthday! I'll be holding a celebration here at the blog with a few gifts for readers, so please do come by! 
 
*creative editing to keep to the guidelines has taken place*
#SexySnippets and #8Sunday Sentences  


 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 "Mikelo," she gasped out the name she'd promised herself to forget. Her hand flew to her mouth as she battled the desire to run and at the same time come closer. The creature before her chuckled and straightened to his full height. She shrank back. He was at least over six feet tall and fit, nothing to do with the boy she had met over twenty years ago. 
 
 "No. I am not him, though I am pleased to see that you remember our Prince."
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~



More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

20 comments:

  1. Great Snippet! And Happy Birthday for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely snippet, Elizabeth. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mistaken identity, horns and all. How delicious. Elyzabeth, my birthday id Friday the 13th. Happiest to us. I'll be 84. How 'bout that. 84 and I want many more! Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to you too, Charmaine! 84 is nothing! To many more years! :D

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday for Tursday. Have a wonderful time celebrating. Lovely snippet. A bit of a surprise at the end, but it was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! As for the snippet, that's what I intended ;-)

      Delete
  5. Aww, to bad he isn't Mikelo. I hope she's not too disappointed. Wishing you in advance a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's surprised but not disappointed... Thanks Frank!

      Delete
  6. Hmmm...intriguing! I wonder why could he be so easily mistaken for the prince...

    Looking down over your page, it occurred to me that I did read Bear Heart but I never left a review. I'll take care of that today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Teresa! She hasn't since Mikelo in over 20 years...

      And thanks for the review! <3 I'm glad you liked the novel :D

      Delete
  7. I like that she recognised something about him even if he wasn't the one she expected. Great snippet, Elyzabeth I'm looking forward to more.
    About things that stood out: dark voice, dark hair, dark horn. Might want to find alternatives for 'dark'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out, Kiru! I definitely need to find substitutes for dark. :D

      Delete
  8. Oh my, so very intriguing. I'm a little afraid for her though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting that this isn't the person she met before - a twist already. I'm really curious to see what will happen next, terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.